Gowings Whale Trust Whale Watching Competition 2022
We want your whales!
Gowings Whale Trust and Coastbeat invite you to enter your best whale photograph to Whale Watch 2022.
The winning photographs will be judged on artistic merit. We are looking for images that have not been photoshopped or otherwise manipulated, that convey the natural beauty and majesty of the whale in its environment. Photographs can be from anywhere on the east coast of Australia, between Byron Bay and Forster, NSW, in 2022.
For some inspiration, check out our article on the Best Underwater Photographer of 2022.
First Prize for a photographer in the Coffs Harbour area in the Open Category is a whale watching tour donated by Jetty Dive (valid for 24 months) and a GWT merchandise pack. The winner must be able to undertake the whale watching prize from Jetty Dive Coffs Harbour. First Prize for a photographer in the Port Macquarie area in the Open Category is a whale watching tour donated by Port Jet Adventures (valid for 24 months) and a GWT merchandise pack. The winner must be able to undertake the whale watching prize from Port Jet. Runners Up receive a GWT merchandise pack
Three winning junior photographers will receive a GWT merchandise pack. This category is open to photographers 12 years and under with parent/carer permission.
Gowings Whale Trust Whale Watching Photograph Promotion, 2022
- Competition opens Wednesday 8 June 2022 and closes Wednesday 31 August 2022, 2pm
- Major prize is whale watching cruise with either Jetty Dive Coffs Harbour or Port Jet Adventures Port Macquarie, plus a Gowings Whale Trust merchandise pack
- Total value of prize of $185
- Eligible entrants for Junior section must be aged 12 years or younger and should they win, an adult must be present to collect the prize
- Eligible entrants submit their entry online at coastbeat.com.au
- By submitting an entry the entrant declares that it is their own work over which no other party holds copyright
- Eligible entrants must subscribe to the Gowings Whale Trust website to receive competition updates and notifications at gowingswhaletrust.org.au
- The prize will be announced on Monday 5 September 2022. The winner will be contacted within 2 business days
- Major Prize is to be collected from concierge at the nearest Gowings shopping centre: Coffs Central, Port Central or Kempsey Central
- Runners up prize is to be collected from concierge at the nearest Gowings shopping centre: Coffs Central, Port Central or Kempsey Central
- The Prize Winner is responsible for their own transport to and from Jetty Dive or Port Jet (includes responsibility for transport costs)
- The prize or any part of it cannot be redeemed for cash and are not transferable
- Directors, management and employees of Pacific Coast Shopping Centres and their immediate families are not permitted to enter the competition
- Suppliers and staff of the Pacific Coast Shopping Centre retailers are not permitted to enter the competition
- The Prize Winner is responsible for all other expenses including additional spending money (unless specified), meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs
- Winners may be required to produce Proof of Identity to claim the prize
- Winner is chosen by the Gowings Whale Trust team on artistic merit and their decision is final
- By entering the competition the Winners give permission to the promoter to publish their name on Gowings and Gowings Whale Trust websites; and on Jetty Dive and Coffs Harbour and Port Macquarie Hastings Council websites at the conclusion of the promotion
- The winning photograph may be used for publicity by Gowings and their subsidiaries, Gowings Whale Trust, Jetty Dive and Coffs Harbour Council and Port Macquarie Hastings Council websites, Facebook, and Instagram accounts, in-Centre and may be used for publicity purposes – at Gowings Whale Trust management’s discretion. For a period of 24 months from 5 September 2022
- The promoter of this competition is Gowing Bros Ltd. The Gowings Building 303/35 – 61 Harbour Drive Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
- The Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Competition or any prizes/except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion subject to the approval of the relevant regulatory authorities as required
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize
- The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion.